[Loch-soilleir] Pavilion ropes & stakes

Baroness of Loch Soilleir baroness at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org
Mon May 8 13:16:08 PDT 2023

Good afternoon, Loch!

Some time during 2021-22 (I believe) the storage unit was broken into. The
thieves took our decorative swords (which were being used as gifts and
prizes) and the set of stakes and 18 ropes we used for our pavilion. About
10 of the ropes were replaced, but 5 of them shredded in the storms Friday
night. In addition, we do have a few replacement stakes made from railroad
stakes, but those lack points to help drive them into the ground and are
very difficult to use effectively.

As we learned this weekend, we really do need a full set of 18 ropes for
the pavilion polls to guarantee the stability of the top. We are currently
considering our options: buy the set up straight out from Panther or having
a rope making/splicing day. In pricing things out, it appears we can get
ropes (with the wooden sliders) for $4 each, and stakes for $2-4 each.

If you have suggestions or opinions, please feel free to email them to
baron at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org, baroness at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org,
and seneschal at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org. We plan to discuss our options
at populace next week, May 16th, at West Pearland  Library.
Brian & Elena
Baron & Baroness, Loch Soilleir

--
Elena Wyth, OL