[Musicians] Christmas Carols

Biatrichi via Musicians musicians at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Dec 30 09:56:12 PST 2014

Well it is one I learned back in college and I was wanting to add it to my performance repertoire.   I can't find the music anywhere in the house, of course.  It is none of the big names nor is it out of period.  It has a proper indroit.

It may actually be the Morley.  It starts out like the Morley but I wonder if someone did a newer transcription that has become more widely used that changes the polyphony.   It could also originally been an organum that someone like Morley later changed to a polyphony.  Of the three or four Agnus Dei forms,it is the Don Nobis requiem spetaire nom one not the Mesiera one. (Pardon the bad Latin spelling)

I think it is a hopeless cause unless I get over to peppers and just dig for it.  I would probably recognize the cover of I saw it but none of the sheet music companies has the cover picture.  I would even settle for the original Morley just in case it is a transcription thing.

If anyone has any thoughts let me know.  I have listened to 100s of samples from Amazon an iTunes, (including one that Rufis Wainwright should be beaten for recording.)

Bia
Music Nerd

Sent from my iPhone