[Musicians] Teaching music class at Glaslyn Artisan

Elizabeth Krause via Musicians musicians at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 18 21:55:13 PDT 2015

Greetings, Musicians!

I will be teaching a class at Glaslyn Artisan in Denton, TX on 8/29/2015
about getting into historical music in the SCA.  I primarily want to
encourage people to not be intimidated to get out and give it a try
(especially instrumental consort music since that is my personal interest,
but other musical forms are not excluded).

First, I would encourage anyone who is interested and able to come and
attend!

Second, I am interested in any advice anyone on the mailing list might want
to contribute to the discussion.  I would like to give resources on where
to get period music, good ways to find acceptable (but still affordable!)
musical instruments, and any other information that might be pertinent.  It
might be nice to know how you got involved in early music to encourage
newcomers.

I'm thinking of this as a group discussion more than me telling everybody
how it is (I've only been doing music in the SCA for one year!).  Let me
know your thoughts.

I've also told the autocrat that if we have this class, I would like to set
up near the musicians (if we have musicians other than me).  This would be
a good opportunity for you to come out, show off your music toys, and get
other people excited about your passion.

Thanks for your help!
-Ysabel de Picard