[Musicians] Dance songs for Coronation

Elizabeth Krause via Musicians musicians at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Sep 13 21:24:44 PDT 2015

Everybody,

There is going to be dancing at Coronation on 10/10/2015.  I asked the lady
organizing the dancing, and she said that she is planning on teaching Heart's
Ease, Rufty Tufty, Chestnut, and the Queen's Alman.  I thought I would
share so that people could practice before the event (I know I will be).
There is also going to be a musician's corner at the event where we can sit
and do our thing.

If you need music, all of the previously listed songs can be found in the
Pennsic Pile here: http://pennsicdance.aands.org/pennsic43/PennsicPile43.pdf

I've looked up YouTube videos that you can practice along with for each of
the four pieces:

Queen's Alman (pg 55 print, pg 61 pdf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2O9nz5u8WQ

Chestnut, or Dove's Figary (pg 137 print, pg 143 pdf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO4568FuEQc

Heart's Ease (pg 151 print, pg 157 pdf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_WjsaFWs1Y

Rufty Tufty (pg 168 print, pg 174 pdf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Z_N2uBr-U

I always like playing music at events, but I never like going in cold
turkey with a bunch of pieces I've never heard let alone practiced.
Anyway, there is probably somebody out there that will appreciate this.

Thanks,
-Ysabel de Picard