ANST-Announce - Stefan's files for December

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Dec 4 15:39:05 PST 2000

Greetings to the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for December which details
what is new in the Florilegium for this month.

Thanks to the generosity of some of the folks of the Shire of
Adamestor in Cape Town, South Africa, there are a number of new
articles this month.

I am always looking for new articles. If you think there are some
good articles that have been written for your local newsletter
that you think other folks around the Known World might be
interested in, please contact me. I will not publish anything
without the permission of the original article authors, but
your nomination and contact info will get the process started.

If you find a bad link in the Florilegium, please let me know.
If I don't know about it, I can't fix it.

Thanks.
   Stefan

--------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eleven years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

Files that are new or have been updated are indicated by a special
marker in the filelists at the website. In addition, the file
-updated-files is a listing of these files in chronological order.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

  THLord Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
       Ansteorra                          mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
Under ANIMALS:
   Cats-n-the-MA-art  "Cats in the Middle Ages" by Sister Mairi Jean.
   Horse-n-t-MA-art   "The Horse in the Medieval Age"
                         by Malachy of Adamastor.
Under CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS:
   cookg-compet-msg   SCA cooking competitions.
   Narfing-Iron-art   "A Brief Beginner's Guide to Documentation"
                         by Lady Jehanne de Huguenin.
Under CLOTHING:
   codpieces-msg      Codpieces. Making and fitting them.
Under COMBAT:
   chainmail-beg-art  "Chainmaille Tutorial for Beginners"
                         by Culann Mac Cruimeinn.
Under CRAFTS:
   Rock-Crystal-art   "Carving Rock Crystal According to
                         Theophilius" by Lord Valdis of Gotland (humor)
Under FEASTS:
   fst-entertain-msg  Entertainment at period and SCA feasts.
   Medieval-Cook-art  "The Medieval Cook" by Lady Jehanne de Huguenin.
Under FOOD:
   meatloaf-msg       Period meatloaf-like recipes.
   onion-soups-msg    Period onion soups.
   Medievl-Pasta-art  "Medieval Pasta!" by Lady Jehanne de Huguenin.
   sausage-makng-msg  Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
Under FOOD-SWEETS:
   marzipan-msg       Use of marzipan (almond paste) in sotelties.
   Mousse-art         "13 good reasons why chocolate mousse isn't
                         medieval." by Lady Jehanne de Huguenin.
Under FOOD-VEGETABLES:
   potatoes-msg       Period white and sweet potato use. Recipes.
Under NEWCOMERS:
   Feast-Basket-art   "The Well-Tempered Feast Basket: a guide for
                         newcomers" by Lady Jehanne de Huguenin.
Under SCA-CAMPING:
   insect-prtctn-msg  Insect repellants and protection.
Under SCA-INC:
   award-rec-let-msg  Writing award recommendation letters.
Under SCA-SOCIOLOGY:
   SCA-minorites-msg  Attitudes in the SCA toward minorities.
Under SCA-STORIES:
   Two-Score-art      "Two Score Gentles in a Cowshed Bare... the
                         first Adamestor Feast" by Lady Jehanne de
Huguenin.

Here are a few of the files which have had significant additions:
   armor-plastic-msg  Making plastic armor.
   camp-ovens-msg     Small period and SCA camp ovens.
   casting-msg        Casting pewter and other metals.
   crusades-msg       Crusades of the Middle Ages.
   drums-msg          Medieval drums and percussion instruments.
                         replacing drumheads.
   fowls-a-birds-msg  Period fowls and birds. Period Chickens.
   mottoes2-msg       More Latin mottoes and phrases.
   p-medicine-msg     Period medical practices.
   p-hygiene-msg      Period bathing, hygiene, menstural care.
   roast-pork-msg     Cooking pork roasts. Medieval recipes.
   root-veg-msg       Medieval and period root vegetables.
   sausages-msg       Period sausages. Making sausage.
   song-sources-msg   Sources for medieval songs. Book reviews.
   sotelties-msg      Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.
   sugar-msg          Sugar and other medieval sweeteners.
   utensils-msg       Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast iron pots.
---
Copyright 2000, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>