That IKAC shoot

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Sun Oct 22 23:20:48 PDT 2000

Saturday we shot an InterKingdom Archery Competition (IKAC) shoot.  Everyone
shot in the Open Division (regular bows).  Below are the scores in the IKAC,
then the Royal Round scores that can be extracted from an IKAC shoot.

An IKAC consists of sets of 6 arrows at a distance and sets of however many
arrows you can get off in 30 seconds.  There are 12 sets: At 40 yards: 6
arrows, 6 arrows, speed, speed.  At 30 yards: 6, 6, speed, speed.  And the
same thing at 20 yards.  A Royal Round is 6 at 40, 6 at 30, 6 at 20, and a
20 yard speed round.  For children under 13, the ranges are 20, 15, and 10
yards.

------------ ADULTS ------------
Annabelle Marie FitzSimmons:   RR1 = 12, RR2 = 9, IKAC: 21
Aonghas Galloglach Domnhnullach:   RR1 = 5, RR2 = 4, IKAC: 13
Kathleen McReynald:   RR1 = 10, RR2 = 16, IKAC: 27
Lucian Draconis:   RR1 = 3, RR2 = 4, IKAC: 13
Magnus Strongaxe:   RR1 = 54, RR2 = 53, IKAC: 132
Owen Stott:   RR1 = 4, RR2 = 10, IKAC: 14
Ulf Gunnarsson:   RR1 = 45, RR2 = 37, IKAC: 111
a children's division (which the SCA IKAC does not have).  Until Saturday,
NO CHILDREN had scores submitted.  Alan and Elizabeth are the very first!  I
posted this to the Ansteorran Archery List, and here is the reaction I got
from Gilli:

> This is great!!!  Tell young  Alan a zero is still a score because he
shot.
> Since these are the only two I've heard of yet, that puts him in second
> place!!
>
> For Children score to count in the  IAAC they do not have to be paid
> members.  This is a competition held here, within the Kingdom.

So congratulations to Elizabeth and Alan for having First and Second place
in the Kingdom!  And thank you to everyone else that shot.  Our scores are
pitted against other kingdoms, and the scores are a good way to see how much
you improve.  My IKAC scores have gone up 23 points in three months: that's
two points per set of six arrows.  Yours will too, if you come out and
practice.

Ulfie