ANST-Announce - Proposed Coporate Policy - Please read immediately

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Sep 26 14:34:18 PDT 2000

[   NOTICE     NOTICE    NOTICE    NOTICE    NOTICE    NOTICE    ]
[   This missive contains some of my personal opinions. These    ]
[  should not be seen as part of any office I hold now nor may   ]
[       in the future. (Or some such garbage disclaimer.)        ]
[   NOTICE     NOTICE    NOTICE    NOTICE    NOTICE    NOTICE    ]

Good Morning,

  This is an informative message that will greatly affect the on-line
  community. This means many things will no longer be allowed to have
  connections to from official websites, and I suggest that anyone
  with concerns comment on this to the responsible people.

    Rabah az-Zafar - VP of Communication at vp-comm at sca.org
    Kevin of Thornbury - Electronic Publications Manager at epm at sca.org
    Unfortunately there is no BoD member responsible for this arena as
      far as I can tell from the sca.org webpage.

  I will be present at the October BoD meeting and will be more than
  willing to discuss items in this if I am given any chance. (My
  comments will be going in the next day or two.) While I agree with
  what is trying to be accomplished (Reasoning), I do not agree with
  the implementation (Policy). There are other methods to solve this
  concern that will not limit the information resources available to us.

  Btw, I would like to see the people responsible for the Corporate website
  follow their own policy *before* proposing something like this to the
  Board.

  I must apologize that I am so far behind on getting this out. Many
  people had asked about this via second hand communication and I
  mistakenly thought this was a policy that would require us to have the
  warnings when leaving the site such as the sca.org website has today.
  It is bad of me to assume this since it is obviously not what is being
  proposed.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."

From: "Rabah" <vp-comm at sca.org>