ANST-Announce - Royal Hunstman Tourney & Academy of the Bow

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Mon Apr 30 08:08:15 PDT 2001

Greetings,
     I only help run the range but I came up with the shoot format.  Was it a good shoot?  We have our first Crossbow winner, but since the lead between shooters was less than the average point value for a single good shot I think it was close.  We had a 3 way tie for second and the Huntsman was only 6 or 8 points ahead. 8 points was about the average value, given for hitting an 8" wreath at around 20yds.

     What do we think of AoB at that site.  We will be removing about 6 or 7 trees from around the roadway to open up navigation and help with larger, or trailered vehicles.  Parking will be marked off better and I will make sure everyone knows the site rules allow a certain amount of clearing in campsites.

     I will have a place for the heavy fighters I have asked to attend for war practice to play while waiting for the melee area to openup to war units/combat archer/siege training.

     Let me know what you think and would people that have expressed an interest in teaching contact me with a course description and if possible a brief outline.  Also I will need to know which instructors wish to compete in the next Royal Hunstman so we may plan classes around the Tourney.

     If people have topics they would like to see or would like to see, including live steel and/or siege.  Please let me know.

In Service,
     Wilim