Principality Opinion Survey

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Mon Feb 5 00:27:58 PST 2001

Greetings to the Northern Region of Ansteorra.

As most of you know over the last six months I have been conducting a
series of educational round tables on the issues of principality here in
Northern Ansteorra.  Throughout these discussions it became clear that
there is a great deal of support for the idea of creating a formal
principality committee here in the North.  But because not everyone living
in the North attended one of these discussions, there is no way to truly
know if this is the majority opinion of the populace in the North.  To this
end I have spoken at length with Their Majesties (both past and present)
and the Kingdom Seneschal, Master Richard and I have proposed conducting an
opinion poll of the people in the north to see if there truly is enough
interest to start a more formal process.  Both the Crown and Master Richard
have no objections as long as the process is conducted in a fair and open
manner.  To make sure that the survey is fair and open, I have asked
Countess Vanessa de Verona and Master Lucais du Belier to be the other
members of the survey review committee,  this should address any questions
as to the validity and fairness of the survey.  I have also set the closing
date of the survey for the end of March to give everyone a fair chance to
participate if they want to.  The survey is available for anyone living in
Northern Ansteorra and is not restricted to paid members only.  When the
survey date closes the survey review committee will meet and prepare a
report of the results that will be made available to everyone.  It should
be stressed that this is NOT the formal poll that would be conducted to
create a Principality, but is an opinion poll to see if there is enough
interest to start a more formal process.  I have sent copies of the survey
to all of the local seneschal's of the Northern region and have asked their
help in distributing them.  I will also be making the survey available for
download through a web page I hope to have up early this week.  I ask that
everyone who lives in the North and is interested to seek out a copy of the
survey and fill it out if you wish.  Finished surveys can be given to any
of the survey review committee members, your local seneschal, or mailed to
Master Lucais du Belier.  Please fill out only one survey each, so that we
can get a true representation of the populace's feelings in the
results.  If anyone has any questions please email me or post them to this
list and I will try and answer them as quickly as possible.  Thank you for
you time.

Baron Sir Burke Kyriell Mac Donald, OP