[Namron] Message from the Seneschal (Oct 2001)

Tadhg tadhg at ou.edu
Sun Sep 30 10:25:51 PDT 2001

Greetings, Claryce.

Sorry for the delay...life's been a little busy.

I hope I've gotten this to you in time for inclusion in
this month's Plume.

Regards,
Tadhg

************************************

Greetings, everyone.

I would to take the opportunity to thank everyone who came out
to the Newcomers Classes/Revels. They went quite well, and I
hope to see many of those new faces at Protectorate. Hats off
to Lady Cassia for doing an outstanding job.

I would also like to let folks know about the new student group
at OU. One of the areas near and dear to my heart is recruiting.
Namron is a proud barony but to continue that tradition it must
grow. This past week the group participated in Publicity Week
at the campus...and brought in over 25 people. How many will
participate outside the student group? I do not know but please
make these people welcome. Most of them are new to the SCA,
and will need help like any newcomers...only on a student's
budget. Again, many thanks to the founding members who put in
time to recruit our first batch of students: Katyana, Miranda,
and Adena.

Officers, yet another reminder, get me copies of your reports.
I need to maintain copies in case the Great Snail swallows them,
and I get calls from regional officers.

I have little to say regarding Protectorate XXV. This is a good
thing because it means Lady Cadhla is doing an outstanding job,
and I don't have to say anything...except to reiterate what she
has been saying "VOLUNTEER, VOLUNTEER, VOLUNTEER". It's our
Silver Anniversary, and we are playing host to not only our
Kingdom but guests from many other Kingdoms. Make this the event
everyone remembers and wishes to emulate.

Regards,
Tadhg