[Namron] Lost.. Found... SOLD!

DEAJAVU at aol.com DEAJAVU at aol.com
Fri Apr 19 08:19:32 PDT 2002

Unto the Great Warriors of Ansteorra come these words from His Lordship
Duncan of Skeene, known as Smacktalker, Huscarl of Calontir...

As some of you may have heard, there has been an uproar in the Kingdom of
Calontir...A fight which puts brother against brother, Fyrdman against
Huscarl. Since all diplomatic avenues have been pursued and failed, there is
no other recourse than to take up arms on the field of Lillies War.
(Smithville Lake, Missouri, June 8-16, 2002)

The Fyrdman have taken it upon themselves to try to hoard--nay, not hoard,
but STEAL, one of the most valued possessions of a Huscarl--BEER. They
believe that since there is more of them, they should receive a larger share
of the beer in this kingdom. The Huscarls, having paid their dues behind the
shield walls, fighting with ax, shield, and sword, have done honor to this
Kingdom for many a season. We have carried not only our banner, but have
helped other kingdoms, such as Ansteorra, elevate their flags upon the battle
field.

Many a story has been told of the battle of Phaedra's gate, and I am pleased
to recall that many of you were there beside us when that history was made.
Just a few weeks later, at Gulf Wars, the Huscarls and the Calon Army helped
Ansteorra to do what it had not done before--hold the castle.

Now...we ask your help. All of you that have stood beside a Huscarl during
battle know our worth. Now, we ask you, our Ansteorran brothers and sisters,
to help us in our time of need. The Fyrdman outnumber us nearly five to one.
I know this, as I am the 111th Huscarl in the history of this kingdom, made
just one year ago--at Estrella War XVII. In Ansteorra, there is a similar
fighting order...the Centurions. I ask that every Centurion and every other
able-bodied man and woman in the Kingdom of Ansteorra to travel north and
heed this call.

As you are considering whether or not to make this trek, need I remind you of
the immortal words which fell from the lips of one of your own honored
Centurions at last Lillies War, "wood beam my head!" --Jean-Paul

 ----Duncan of Skeene, called Smacktalker,
Huscarl

Lady Kyna Terricsdottir
  Namron, Ansteorra