[Namron] Auction At Mead Bees

Maleah maleah at mmcable.com
Sun Feb 17 15:10:07 PST 2002

Reposted here by permission.

Maleah

--
Greeting to all Ansteorrans,

Their Majesties are at Estrella this week and I'm hoping this will be one of
those pieces of mail they just do not have time to read.  I would like to
make this as big a surprise for them as is possible.  Still, I see no other
way to get the word out to all of you at this last date except to post it
here.

It has long been a tradition in Wiesenfeuer to put out the "Little Blue Box"
for donations directly to the Crown in an attempt to make their travel
burden
just a little lighter.  So when you check in at gate if you have any spare
change, please drop it in the "Blue Box."  Every little bit helps.  Being
from out West it is a really long way, to just about anywhere in our
Kingdom,
for them to travel.

Now, for the real reason for this post.  It has come to my attention that
there is a really good possibility that enough money will be raised by
others
to send Their Majesties to Lochac (Australia). They are being made a Kingdom
and are going to sign a White Scarves Treaty at their Coronation.  Wouldn't
it be wonderful for Ansteorra to be there for that?

Keeping that in mind, we are going to do an auction at Mead Bees III to
raise
money (personal funds) for their trip.  Even if their travel is completely
paid for they are bound to need extra spending money.  With the new airline
regulations since Sept.11th, there is no telling what they will be allowed
take with them or what might need to be purchased after they arrive.  This
trip is toward the end of their reign and by that time most Crowns are
beginning to feel the real weight of the financial burden. No matter how
much
in gifts are donated there are always things that they have to purchase out
of their own pocket.  I've worked very closely with four Crowns and know
first hand just how much of their personal money it takes.  Even the Crown
Travel stipend never covers the cost of all their travel expenses.

I know you have all just worked really hard to raise money for our Kingdom
at
Brad Leah's Tribute and I commend you on the amount you raised.  I realize
this is short notice and that I am asking a lot of you when I ask you to
donate more items and spend even more money, but I truly believe this is
something good we in Northern Ansteorra will want do for our King and Queen.
However, it will take the help of each and every one of you.

I know there is probably not enough time to make new items, but if you are
like me you probably have SCA items around the house that you never use or
wear anymore, please consider donating them to the auction or perhaps you
could auction your services after the fact.  I think Baroness Kat is going
volunteer to make a personal Baronial Cornet for someone.

I haven't decided yet if this will be a silent or an open bidding auction,
but I will need help collecting and displaying items at the event either
way.
 I would ask that anyone who wishes to volunteer to help, donate items or
has
any ideas or comments to please contact me privately at HEGitana at AOL.COM. Do
not discuss it on the NR list especially.  I would appreciate it if you
would
post this to your group or private household lists, unless you think Their
Majesties might be on them.

Please, please, please let this be the last mention of the reason for this
auction on this list. We want this to be a really special surprise for our
King and Queen.

The good people of Northern Ansteorra have wonderfully kind and generous
hearts.  You have my sincere gratitude for helping to make this happen.

Gitana