[Namron] (no subject)

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Feb 13 09:26:16 PST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 09:22:46AM -0800, Lisebethe Wilkerson wrote:
> All right, I will go ahead and admit total ignorance.
> What in Hades is a spang?  Just call me a newbie ok?

A small fabric frog, generally stuffed with rice or other
granular material, used in the game "spang-hewing"[1].

[1]	Spang-hewing: an Anglo-Saxon game in which a frog is launched from the
	end of a stick to hit a fixed mark. Found in the dictionary by, and
	introduced to the Barony and the SCA by, HE Bjorn Magnusson Esping,
	Baron Namron.

--
Mike Andrews	/	Michael Fenwick 	Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old music Laurel since 1986