[Namron] William FitzBubba made Pelican

William FitzBubba fitzbubba at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 12:17:26 PST 2002

> William FitzBubba, a.k.a. Bill Herron, a long time
> member of the Barony of Namron, was made a Pelican
> yesterday in the Kingdom of the East.
> H.L. Barat FitzWalter Reynolds
> Barony of Namron

And I had no clue, whatsoever.  One of my seamstresses
had a new outfit for me, and my Pelican had been
reminding me to wear my protege sash, and I went to
court because everyone else was going to court.

And I had worked Friday night, all night (that's
normal for me, for those of you who don't know), and
drove to 12th Night right after work.

So I'm sitting in court when they call the Pels up,
and my Pelican starts talking about the
responsibilities of the Exchequer.  And I realize
what's going on.  And I lean over to someone, and ask
them to yell "fire" in a loud voice.  But they were in
on it, and refused to.  Then I quietly get up and
start to leave.  I got three steps before His Majesty
yelled "guards!".  So I turned around and sat back
down.

I don't remember most of the day.  I was really out of
it.  Someone videotaped the ceremony, and maybe it
will mean more once I see it.

But I was very surprised, and have almost convinced
myself that I deserve it.  Not quite, but almost.

So, what sounds better?  Master Bubba?  Master
William?  Master FitzBubba?  (You all can call me
"Bubba", as you always have.)

Care,
Bubba