[Namron] Re:Picnic/Party at Lake Thunderbird From Lucias

moon fire moonlyblaze at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 19:02:49 PDT 2002

  Lucais du Belier <LucaisduBelier at worldnet.att.net> wrote: Just a reminder to everyone about the picnic at Lake Thunderbird on Saturday, June 29.

Many of you remember Baroness Mairin's Birthday Memorial/Summer Solstice Celebration & Garage Sale we held last year at Lake Thunderbird.  It's all happening again (except for the garage sale part)  We've rented the pavilion at Critter Alley from 10:00 am until 11:00 pm.  Mairin's family and many SCA friends are getting together for a totally mundane day at the lake.

Directions:  East on Highway 9 south of Norman to Lake Thunderbird.  Turn left into the Ranger Station (it's also known as Clear Bay and is the location of the stables - same place as last year).  Follow the camp signs to Critter Alley.

Bring something to grill and a dish to share if you want to join in the pot luck.  Show up anytime you want.  We hope to swim, play lawn games, and just generally hang out at the lake.  We hope to do music/drumming in the evening.  Bring a bathing suit, volleyball, croquet set or whatever games you want.

You can camp overnight if you want. $8.00 per family.  Deal with that yourself with the rangers.  State laws allow only 3.2 beer at the lake (I never knew that, but we're supposed to let you know about it).  Children and pet's on leash welcome. (That's the pets on leash, not the children).

For more information call Baroness Gwyneth of Ramsey Mere at 364-0389 or contact me at the information below.  Feel free to post this to any other local lists.  I'm only on the two.

Hope to see you all there.

Lucais

Baron Lucais du Belier, OL, OP
mka Larry E. Bishop