[Namron] SCA and Tecumseh

Duncan MacNamara duncan_macnamara at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:36:05 PDT 2003

I did a little research... and found out that the KKK uses the celtic cross
on their flag.
And I had black company's banner on my yurt, which is a Black gauntlet
holding a lotus, on a gray celtic cross, against a black and purple
background. I think this may be what people were initially complaining
about. And since the stupid kkk chose the celtic cross as their symbol,
mundane people see anything connected with it as kkk related. To top it all
off, I have issues with my hair, and have been shaving my head for about a
year now, so "skinhead/kkk" automatically came to people's mind when they
saw the banner of my household on my yurt.
Also, the pledge favor of our household does bear a striking resemblance to
the kkk flag, which is a black celtic cross on a gray background. The kkk
flag is a black celtic cross on a gray diamond on a red background. I'll
have to check into this with the captain of my house and see if I can get it
chenged to something that wouldn't be offensive.

However... Last time I checked, this IS still a free america. And I DO have
the right to individuality. I thank you alll for your advice.

Duncan