[Namron] Re: SCA event signs (was: another unedited Digest subject line *Sigh*)

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tue Aug 26 14:40:09 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:20:49PM -0500, Donnchadh wrote:
> I called up a sign company and they have glass beads the size of sand that can
> be used like glitter over regular paint.  That's what they use.  That stuff is
> only $4/lb.

And they're an utter pain to work with -- not impossible, but
difficult.

I repeat the offer of highway-grade reflective adhesive sheet
material. It's the exact same stuff you drive by every day,
and it comes from the trash bins where the signs are made.
Weather-resistant, heat-resistant, *VERY* bright colors, and
very reflective in headlights. Looks good by day and by night.

It's free; it would have been thrown away if I hadn't rescued it.
I can get more than we can use, I suspect.

The oak and walnut scraps are free, too. Come & get 'em.

--
Mike Andrews	/	Michael Fenwick 	Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old music Laurel since 1987