[Namron] SCA and Tecumseh

Duncan MacNamara duncan_macnamara at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:43:24 PDT 2003

Well, It has to do with the local police and the Sherrif's Department. I had
set up my yurt to let it air out, and some of my lawn decorations had a
medieval theme, and the neighbors complained because it is different than
what they are used to seeing. The major complaints were about the banners
and stuff on my yurt. I am now being watched closely by the local police,
and SCA activities are not welcome here. Since the Sherrif's department is
located in shawnee, it is only a matter of time before it catches up with
them. On top of it all, a comment was made about my sword-shaped driveway
markers. I was informed that even OWNING a blade more than 6 inches in
length can get you arrested... therefore, I must placate the police, or risk
a search of my house or possibkle arrest. Also, I have been labled as a
"Nazi Racist Skinhead" because of my coat of arms banner that was on my
yurt. ( A Black Maltese Cross on a white background with a purple border)
I was told that any more complaints and they would have to search my house.
This comes from my humor no trespassing sign, which reads " All Tresspassers
will be caged and sold as slaves". Therefore, if they have any more
complaints, they have to search my house and make sure that I am not running
an underground slave ring, selling black people to other Nazi's. Which I am
not, and have never been, a Racist.
So, I will not have anything to do with an activity that is going to get me
or any of my family arrested. I think it's a miracle that the police haven't
already broken the group up. I am sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings, but
that's the way it is. I still plan on playing in the SCA, but VERY
carefully, and probably in mundanes most of the time.

Josh McNamara
(Duncan MacNamara)