Re: [Namron] Now Skarrgarð

Gudze O'Domhnaill gudze at pagancow.org
Mon Jul 21 10:39:33 PDT 2003

For PC users:

You can make the Eth (Ð ð, "th" in this) and Thorn (Þ þ, "th" in thing) characters using your standard keyboard with a right-side number pad.

1. Be sure that NumLock is on.
2. Press and hold the Alt key.
3. On the right-side number pad, type the four-digit code listed below (you cannot use the numbers that are by the letters). Be sure to include the leading 0.
4. Release the Alt key, and your letter will appear.

Codes:
Ð = Alt + 0208
ð = Alt + 0240
Þ = Alt + 0222
þ = Alt + 0254

Using other codes can create a variety of other letters and symbols in most fonts. If your machine has a Character Map installed, you can use this to find other codes more easily. Remember that there is ALWAYS a leading 0. I hope this has been helpful.

Humble Regards,
Gudze O'Domhnaill