[Namron] Heads up fom the Norman Hancock store

isabeaux de narbonne the_one_and_only_wicachu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 20:41:50 PDT 2003

Ciao ya'll. Tis beaux. I'm not dead. I think. Just busy workin'.
             This week I'm working in the Norman store, likely most of next week as well. In case anyone is thinking ahead to formal revel season: the Norman store just cleared off all of their old remnants and put out scads of velvets etc. They're synthetics ( ick), but some nice colors and all of them very short pile and stiff like a period velvet should be. Might work for those of us on a budget. Currently 5.88 a yard, 54 inches wide. In 4-6 yard lengths atm. I know because I cut them -all day- today :) Also a bunch of new ( non sale) drapery fabrics in that have my interest as late period garb stuff.
I have this weekend off!  At least as of now I do. Hopefully get to see a few folks this weekend. Who's planning on being around? Will come down to work day if I can. I have a PILE of sewing to do and need to spend at least one day chained to ze machine. If anyone wants fitting or research help, lemme know quick so I can plan to be available. or shoot me an email and I'll get to it as soon as I can.  Current projects at my place are an underbodice/pseudo corset  and pattern drafting for a Flemish court gown. ALong with 19,000 other things. As usual.
           PS-  I got the promotion at work. Rumor has it there is a store open already,but I'm fighting to stay in place as long as I can. Looks like 9 months tops until I get my own store. I might not go too far. Might end up in state, though not in the OKC area. Dont know yet. Kind of like giving an alcoholic a liquor store to run, no? < evil grin> Life is good!

Up to her ears in fabric-literally!
beaux