[Namron] Early Music Guild?

Morgan & Ariane morgan-ariane at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 27 21:00:55 PST 2003

Greetings,

I have been trying to contact Master Mike, but I think I have his e-mail
wrong (mikea at mikea.ath.cx). Can you please e-mail me again?

Walter Robbin and I may be interested in starting an early music guild and
we could use your advice. The biggest problem is who else whould be
interested (in the OKC to Norman area)? As far as I know the local early
musicians have fled the SCA, so that has left only a few willing to consider
doing this again.

Ever since we got back from Meridies, I have been entertaining (no pun
intended) the idea of a Music Guild. I had talked to two of their members
about the Meridies music guild when we went to Saltar (a really cool dance
event in Memphis) and it made me wish we had the interest here in the area.
So, for every one eles who is reading this let me know what you think. Lord
Walter and I are already in a dance and music performance group called "Ye
Dead Marlows" that consists of four of the members of the "Rennaissance
Courtly Dancers", but it would be cool to do something with the local SCA
groups in order to bring more period music to local events. I know I have
slammed my head against this wall before, but I just can not give up yet.

I will not guarantee that we will follow through with this (after all, would
it  really be a guild if there ended up only being two of us?), but I am
interested to know if there are serious musicians out there interested in
early music. After Known World Dance (in June) would be a good time to start
something like this.

Thank you,

Morgan Ellisse
(A Minstrel of the North)