[Namron] Oh no ... Pooky had a fleeting thought

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 23:06:58 PST 2003

{ Good Evening } from Pooky,

I have noticed from the past and present Construction of the Dream, some
Standards and Notables that should be considered in ones (Selection of
Preference). This preference (to be plainly stated) will be received by Our
KING and QUEEN, to be filed as they see fit.

I have looked upon The Dream with the eyes of a nine year old and realized
that there is always a place and time in ones life that all that you had
believed was good and fun " Was actually true!!!".  circa A.S. X. Thru to a
time when We, namely Myself, are now responsible for The Dream's maintenance
and upkeep.  We strive at this endeavor, the (Crystallizing Moments in Time)
so that The Dream can be shared in the experiences we have with each person
we meet in This Society.

So, if one considers this on some level the basis and/or foundation for ones
attendance in the S.C.A. then a few ideas of mine might ring-true, to you.

There are many important factors that should be weighed and litmus tested,
when considering a preference in Baronial Hierarchy. IMhO = In MY humble
Opinion

for example:

Do you believe "the willing parties" have found it necessary to have
considered a definition for the word "Respect" and possibly "Honor".?

what is it you hope "they" will bring to the Barony?

How well do you think you will be represented to all of the known and unpaid
members of the populace at large, including the Royal's thru to our beloved
and cherished newbie's?

In the case of Northern Ansteorra it is good to get a feeling for how well
the "person or persons" could be a uniting force.

Have they thought out a viable plan for the future of Our Society or at
least Our little corner of it?

here's a mean one to ask -  What failings of yours do you see could possibly
occur in your appointment, which would lesson the splendor of our futures.
haha no

It should be considered IMhO that the "candidates" be able to :

Be comfortable in the new position

have us see them as properly equipped to sit upon The Throne(s). Countenance
and Bearing are important.

Innovative enough to get mundanes interesting in a N.P.O. such as the S.C.A.

I reminisce ... their have been times in the S.C.A. , often more then one
per event, that have been - such wonderful moments in time - for the Me in
the society and also to the Me outside of it.  The Baron's and the
Baronessesessesesss' I have had the Honor of walking thru My Life, have been
a truly wonderful part of the experiences I cherish to this day... circa
A.S. XXXVII?!? wow! had to check that twice...

  Do not toss your opinion in lightly to Our KING and QUEEN.  IMhO choose
more then Your Brother or Sister, Your Friend(s) choose the "candidate" that
will most Honorably represent Your Flag upon the field, Your needs to Your
KING, and Your Future in "The Dream".

thank you all for the memories,
   Lord Pooky - Namron Wolf

P.S could someone deem this fleeting thought worthy to be seen by the
wiesenfeuer and ansteorra lists?  I ain't on those.