[Namron] Pls Help!

wilfred obinna ajaka_community at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:53:10 PST 2003

Dear Sir,

I decided to contact you after much consideration. I don’t know if
you will be willing to help.

My name is Mr. Wilfred Obinna and a victim of the 2002 January 2nd
Lagos bomb explosion that took place in the military cantonment in
Nigeria. I lost almost all my entire family remaining just but a few.
We also lost all we have ever acquired in life. This also happen to a
lot of other people leaving in the barrack community.  This tragedy
hurts every day that we find it difficult to forget.

The Federal Government of my country promise to assist in elevating
our suffering including some non Governmental Organization both local
and international   We’ve waited for more than a year for these
promises to be fulfilled before there finally did.

The problem now is that the money, making up of the donation made by
(NGOs) both local and international, Humanitarians both local and
international and the Federal Government has been ceased by some
greedy members under the ministry of finance who want to use power in
collecting our own community’s share. Some community heads that has
connection with the federal Government has been able to collect
theirs.

My community heads and I has been consistently fighting the ministry
of finance for the money which summed over $4.7million ie (592
million Naira) for the past five months now and just last week, we
received a proposal from one  member of the ministry of finance and
it goes like this.

He is ready to help us as the head in charge of the department has
being transferred and as the acting head for the time being, he has
decided to look into our case in his own way.  And that if we agree
to the following term we can get the money.  The terms are as
follows.

1.	   That we are to source for a reliable person with an
account abroad to transfer the money since it cannot be done
internally due to the bureaucracy surrounding the money.

2.	   When the said money is transferred abroad my community and
I must sign that this said money has being paid to us officially.

3.	    A percentage (10%) of the said money is going to come to
them after the whole transaction has been completed.

4.	    That we should be ready to take any risk in the process
of transaction as we are to source for a reliable means of transfer.

5.	   The whole transfer has to be kept within up most secrecy
as any problem arising during and after transfer will be our
responsibility.

As the community treasurer, I have been appointed by my community
leaders to source for a trust worthy person who will be willing to
assist us for a transfer of the money since we cannot take the risk
to trust any body around or doing it internally.

We have agreed to part with the ten percent (10%) requested by them
in their proposal because we felt, that will be the only way to get
our money now before a new management and board will be set up to
look into our matter that might take months or even years. We have
also not signed this proposal sent by them pending your wiliness to
help us in the transfer.

Thus if you will be willing to assist us, give us your terms
immediately so we can send to you the necessary modalities for the
transfer, since there is a reason for this transfer to be done fast.
If you are interested kindly reply me through (wilfredobi at wongfaye.com).

Please we are waiting for your urgent reply.

Thanks and God bless.

          Yours Sincerely

          Mr. Wilfred Obinna.

FOR: Committee Treasurer