[Namron] Karl von Winkleried Surgery results

marc adkins winkleried at oecadvantage.net
Tue May 6 20:29:57 PDT 2003

This will complement what HE Maleah posted earlier.
I have just flown in from Houston and as of 3:30 PM today this is all that I know.
    Carl is currently alert and mobile. We had some issues with pain control shortly after the surgery was completed. Couple of doses of morphine seemed to take care of that problem. 4:00 am this morning Carl under went A series of MRI scans The last word That I heard from the neurologist was that they looked promising. There were some seizures during recovery, Due to his implant being turned off due to the MRI battery he was going to be undergoing. Shortly before I left he was transferred to the Epileptic Monitoring wing of Hermann Memorial Hospital. And had had a preliminary observation by a Physical Therapist. An Occupational Therapist is going to be observing him tomorrow some time.
    Hopefully this surgery along with the VNS implant and a less toxic drug regime will allow us to gain a large degree of control and allow Carl to start living the life of a Three year old boy.

Lord Wilhelm Von Winkleried (OHSS)
that's all I know folks