[Namron] Brewing question

GCOM gcom at po.okccc.edu
Tue May 13 07:20:27 PDT 2003

Barat here.

I regret that I have no yet found a good recipe for homemade root beer.

You can find flavor extracts as some larger grocery stores, and at
nearly all brew shops for making your own soft drinks. The require the
addition of water and cane sugar. To carbonate, you have two choices:
1. add a bit of yeast and bottle the way you would home brewed beer, or
2. force carbonate using a CO2 system. Of the two, the second method is
much more pleasing. Adding yeast and bottling can often produce glass
bombs, filled with a yeasty, sticky, vaguely root beer tasting drink.