[Namron] Books

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Thu Oct 2 22:59:56 PDT 2003

This is a shameless plug.  It is a gleeful plug.  It's the kind of plug
one makes to one's friends when he wants to totally mess with their
lives... heh-heh-heh.

If you like to read Science Fiction and Fantasy, you have a computer or
a palm pilot, and you don't mind blowing several hours enwrapped in
someone else's universe, visit:
http://www.baen.com/library/

Baen Books has been releasing some of their older novels in electronic
format for a couple of years now... for free.  I believe I will probably
save about two hundred dollars in overdue book fines now.

Why free? They feel that they will lose no more money than they do when
you loan a book to a friend.  In fact, they think they will make money,
as people like me buy a paper copy of the books they like.

I'd like to take credit for "discovering" this, but it was THL's Barat
and Alexander that hook me on it earlier with a disc release of several
Honor Harrington novels.

So, enjoy.  But don't skip Protectorate because you are at home reading
these...

Baron Ulf