[Namron] Samhain Whee!

Muriel ingen Gille Crist muriel at entelesoft.com
Mon Oct 27 09:09:17 PST 2003

Its good to be home to Namron, but I can't say I was sorry to miss the Saturday
Revel.  Eldern Hills made my weekend.  Even though it was cold and windy, it
was dry and there was a warm, tasty tavern and feast to keep us filled.
Apparently the Viking Relay was interesting, as I'm sure we'll hear about
later.  I was too busy staying out of the wind to tell what was going on.  Our
very own Annabel won best Dessert Bread, and Duncan MacNamara won best song
with the "Pat MacNamara" song that has been balefully sung around our own
campfires by Cianan, and now Duncan. Duncan didn't know it would make the
judges cry.

But there is more to be said about the Bardic competition that is relevant to
Namron.  There was a poem recited by the new Titled Bard of Eldern Hills that
absolutely must be recited in Namron if I have to drive to her hom and drive
her here myself.  It is about Viking habits and is a filk of one of our most
favorite (mundane) bards of all time.  It even includes references to a work by
our favorite skald, Ulfie.  As it was introduced in court, the work made
us "almost pee our pants".  I can't say more.  I'm sorry, but I'm not sure of
the author's name except it is something like Serena.  Its "Mrs. Titled Bard of
Eldern Hills please recite your poem" to you.

Brenna the Gypsy won best poem.  Anyone who was at Wiesenfeuer Baronial should
be familiar with her wonderful poetry, and the voice of her brother Sean Lynn
(Maybe).  He performed the Scotsman song at Wiesenfeuer, and I believe a piece
about Jesters. He is an up-and-coming bard with a wonderful voice.  Coming soon
to a theater near you!

Speaking of up-and-coming, there were 3 Rising Stars awarded.  I remember one
of them because I know I have seen him at least once before in a Feast hall,
quietly serving.  His name, I believe, is Christoff.  He tried so hard to keep
our table full of hot cider, and he never complained about how demanding we
were.  We also got to hear a story about how he once wrestled a broom from the
hands of a Pelican. :)   Pssst, don't tell, but that kid's got future Autocrat,
or at least Feastocrat written all over him!

I can't remember everything thanks to the HBBVM's donation.  I promise I didn't
drink it all myself :).   Whee!  Singing, and fighting, and eating, and
drinking, it was a blast!

Muriel