[Namron] Skarrgard's First Demo

TEBE M GRAHAM tgrahamok at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 30 14:13:13 PDT 2003

Hey,
I lost a sword at the demo in Stratford. If any one comes up with an extra ome let me know.
Dougal

bobby harlow <ironstorm34 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Well,
Skarrgard's first demo has come and gone without major incident.We had
12 chivalric fighters attend,10 with complete armor.I do believe the people
of stratford got quite a show.We had our baron show up as well.
We had quite a few ladies show up to man the tent as well as this big
brown rock that called itself owen that took care of answering questions
about who we are and what we do.We also had a decent arts and sciences
display under our pavillion as well.As well as a mail crafter (thanks
steve)that worked all day to allow people to see how mail was constructed.
There are a few people that deserve special thanks for the hard work they
did for us at the fair.First,Lady Agnes,thank you for taking charge of the
pavillion and it's set up.Annabelle thank you for also taking charge of the
pavillion set up.Aonghas for pounding away at stakes all day,,lol..
Lord Wilhelm von Winkleried(sp?) thanks for taking over the
field and making the melee scenarios more interesting for the fighters.
Ottakar,thank you for the long drive and bringing all the people with
you that you did.4 hours is a looooong drive to attend someone else's demo
and it was very much appreciated along with the knife axe and spear throwing
demonstration.
Lady Annabelle,thank you for the very wonderful treat of home baked
rye,white and wheat breads.i must admit that was quite an unexpected treat
for me.
And last but CERTAINLY not least,Lady Maeve of Namron.Thank you for
hauling the pavillion and list field to and from the demo.without you it
most certainly would have been a very very hot day indeed for us.(by the
way ulfie,maeve works her butt off all the time for our group,just in case
ya didnt notice,,lol)
And one other person that i dont know their name,who ever brought the big
water jug for the people of our group.Would have been a very dry thirsty day
without you.
AS i left the demo i talked to mike(the king) and he said they were able
to raise about 1300 dollars for the school.I am sure that will help them out
a bit.
once again a hearty thank you and VIVAT!! for all of you that came
out and worked this demo and made it a success.If any one wasnt thanked for
something special that fault is mine as i am blond and senile ya know,,lol..
Once again the people of Namron(including those of skarrgard) have
given a glimpse of the dream to people that otherwise might not have had the
privilege of our dream.And hopefully some of them took away a sense that
there is a better world than the one we live in from day to day.
I give you a heartfelt thank you for all that you have done this
weekend,as well as throughtout the year to keep our dream alive.........
WELL DONE FOLKS!!!
Lord Halldor the Mad Jester