[Namron] Introducing myself, and names...

Sami mamasami at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 12:58:00 PDT 2004

Thank you, Aline and good luck on your thesis!
Sami

Aline Swynbrook <alineswynbrook at yahoo.com> wrote:

First off, I wanted to say hello.

My name is Aline Swynbrook, currently living in
Mooneschadowe, but preparing to move to Namron to
study law at your university. I will be there
sometime in the fall.

Some other considerations with names. It may look and
sound cool in your head but there are a few things to
consider.

1) Can you and your friends pronounce it. I love
Aline, by I often get people who pronounce it Eileen
or Al-in-ee. It actually closer to Alice with an "n"
instead of a "c". Write it down and have people read
it outloud. Remember, you might eventually get
heralded into court and its nice if they get it close
to right.

2) Consider nicknames that might arise out of the
name. There is a charming young man in the East
Kingdom who choose and documented the name Isard.
Which was great, until he got an AOA and became Lord
Isard, often abbreviated L.Isard...he is now known
fondly by many as Lizard.

3) Ask around to see if you will be associated with
something. One new member I know was about to start
the paperwork on Ayla (documented Germanic..might have
a different spelling) until someone pointed out the
clan of the Cave Bear reference.

Just some suggestions. I will say however, that if
you wait to long, someone else might name you and it
could stick.

Aline,

Who is of to do her public presentation of her
undergrad thesis...