[Namron] Help me find a name!

Sami mamasami at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 13:33:47 PDT 2004

Well, I do want to be a little bit different.  After all, why else would one join the SCA unless one possessed a proclivity for the unusual?  I know very little, however, of the Byzantine culture.

This is going to be a lot of work...I can tell.

Sami

muriel at entelesoft.com wrote:
Our area is kinda heavy on the Celt, Viking, English, and a contingent of Middle Eastern...  If you wanted to be a little different, you might look at French, Italian, or Spanish.   Another suggestion might be to start watching all the ol' "historical" movies to see if any time/culture pops out from your favorite movies.  Its amazing how differently some movies feel when you watch them with your own possible history in mind :).  Just because Gibson's Braveheart is historical crap doesn't mean it didn't underscore my penchant for plaid-framed knees.  Movies hint at cultural trends, politics, and definitions of social graces that might make you think "There was a whole culture of people who acted like me?!"  which may or may not be true, but it gives you a jump off point.

P.S.  Byzantine is cool  We need more of those. :)