[Namron] FW: [Wiesenfeuer] Final Notice: Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project

Elric Dracwin dracwin at coxinet.net
Sun Aug 29 16:55:25 PDT 2004

Cross posted by request.

Elric Dracwin

-----Original Message-----
From: tracystar2000 [mailto:tstar2000 at earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:35 PM
To: Wiesenfeuer at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Wiesenfeuer] Final Notice: Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project

Your last chance to be part of the Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project is
Officer's Meeting on Tuesday. If you have signed up, I must have a
check or money order from you at this time ($90.20 for steel, $70.20
for aluminum prod). This will give me enough time to purchase the
materials for the crossbow kits prior to the workshop. If you have
not yet signed up, now is the time.

This workshop will be concerned with the cutting, shaping and milling
of the crossbow stocks. At this time I have three templates cut out
for your selection:
Straight Crossbow, c.1100 - 1550
Dragon Crossbow, 13th Century
Italian Crossbow, c.1500

I am told that one person in the project will be bringing the pattern
for a Japanese crossbow, but as of this missive I do not know its
time period.

After the stocks have been cut and milled, the workshop participants
will be given the opportunity to shape and smooth their stocks to
suit themselves. Carving tools will also be available (with
instruction) so that participants can customize their crossbow stock
(s). Period finishes of tung oil and linseed oil will also be
provided.

The stock making workshop will be held at my keep (2053 Mattern Drive
OKC, 73118) on Tuesday, September 7th at 7:00 pm.

To find my keep, take your best route to I-44 & North Penn. Go North
on Penn, then turn East onto Mattern Drive (what should be NW 49th
street). My keep is on the North side of the street with the black
car port and the gargoyles on the roof. This is two blocks South of
Penn Square, and 50 Penn Place is situatied in my back yard. If you
have trouble finding it, call 843-5502.

Future workshops to create and fit the metal portions of the
crossbows will be announced in this forum. It is hoped that we can
complete the crossbow creation classes by the end of the year, with
subsequent classes on arrow and quiver making early next year. Any
artisans wishing to help with the project should contact me ASAP
(magusmalaki at earthlink.net).

In Service,
HL Malaki