[Namron] Re: [Ansteorra] Newcomers

evelyn harlow mysticpeach at mcloudteleco.com
Mon Dec 6 17:09:19 PST 2004

I'd like to throw my two bits in...I played in Artemsia(Shire of Bronzehelm)
for four years and was accepted cautiously...I moved to Shreveport
(Meridies) and stayed for a year and a half and was snubbed more times then
I care to remember.. then it was in Namron that I landed...I got gutsy and
went to a pop meeting right before Protectorate three years ago and was
welcomed with open arms...It was that event that I became Norse plunder or
so the story goes....So as a repeat newbie I have had several different
experiences on this topic....From the Authenticy police on down to the
wonderful people that just want to share their fire and their
knowledge....In my opinion it takes a combo of the newbie being willing to
make themselves known (I'm rather quiet compared to my husband Halldor) and
the populace paying a bit more attention to the faces that you don't
recognize.  I know there are times at Skarrgard pop meetings or figher
practice when the veterans are focused on issued rather then recruiting for
lack of a better term.  As with all things..it takes two to tango and there
is always another side to the story.

Sammarrah thank you for the compliment.

Sayyidah Fayidah binte Asad umm Jawhar