[Namron] Introduction

margaret m.p.decker at att.net
Sun Dec 12 20:51:32 PST 2004

I am Baroness Margaret Isabeau du Battenhelm a lowland Scottish widow of a
well traveled merchant now living in Florence because my husband had some
money problems with the English court.

I discovered the SCA when a coworker who knew  of my interest in costuming
introduced me to the incipient shire of V'tavia back in 1978. My then
husband and my three children helped me double the size of the group when we
joined. I held office or was deputy for every office within that group at
one time or another and was active in their dance guild until 1985 when I
moved to Namron and divorced my then husband. I have been a little less
active here having only held the offices of chronicler and treasurer. I
married Baric Firehand 15 years ago and he does not want me to take on
offices as my health is not what it was. However I have retired from my job
with the state and have time now for my first love - sewing and will happily
pass along what skills I have to those who wish help.