[Namron] FW: [Wiesenfeuer] Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project

Elric Dracwin dracwin at coxinet.net
Sat Jul 31 16:11:16 PDT 2004

Cross posted by request

-----Original Message-----
From: tracystar2000 [mailto:tstar2000 at earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 4:51 PM
To: Wiesenfeuer at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Wiesenfeuer] Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project

Greetings unto the good gentles of Wiesenfeuer.

This missive is to announce the formation of the Wiesenfeuer Crossbow
Project which is to be officially announced at Populace Meeting this
Monday evening.

The Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project will be a series of workshops which
will guide the populace through the steps of building a light
Medieval crossbow. The first of these workshops will be held at my
keep, tentatively on Tuesday, September 7th of this year, where the
stock designs will be cut out and the carving chisels made available
for those who wish to embelish their weapon. Subsequent workshops (to
be held at the keeps of as yet undetermined artisans) will go through
the processes of forming and installing the metal portions of the
populace's crossbows, arrow/bolt making and possibly even the
creation of period quivers.

The Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project Kit will consist of the raw
materials needed to construct one crossbow. The price for the kit is
determined by the type of prod (bow) chosen for the crossbow:

Total Base Price per Crossbow Kit with Aluminium Prod 	$70.50
Total Base Price per Crossbow Kit with Steel Prod       $90.50

This may seem like a lot of money for a kit of raw materials, but
once completed, each crossbow will have a market value of at least
$350.00, far more if embelished.

Details of the Wiesenfeuer Crossbow Project will be available at
populace on Monday night.

To sign up as a participant or as an artisan for the Wiesenfeuer
Crossbow Project, contact me at 843-5502, or through this medium. All
populace members from the Northern Region are welcome to join in (If
enough people sign up we can get bulk rates on prods and wooden
stock).

In Service,
HL Malaki David Dracwin
Northkeep & Moonschadowe Archery Champion

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/PJ_qlB/TM