[Namron] RE: [SCA-newbie] OT: Pending Draft Legislation Targetedfor Spring 2

bobby harlow ironstorm34 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:45:00 PDT 2004

  As a veteran i must speak out on this.We had women soldiers in the first
persian gulf war,and they did just fine.they were every bit as good as the
male soldiers.In fact we have had women in combat zones in our country for
as long as we have been fighting wars.in the gulf we had women in combat
roles assigned to combat units.time to earn your pay i say.equal rights? i
agree,but do equal work.risk my life for our way of life ? of course,all
over again if need be.be robbed of my right and duty to protect and defend
my way of life and to bring freedom to less fortunate countries because i am
female?HELL NO!!!!!!........once that little enlistment contract is
signed,the choice has been made.you cant say i wont go where you send
me.When each of us enlists in the honorable profession of arms,we agree ,nay
SWEAR,to go where our leaders feel we are needed,to sit on a spot of
desert,a mountain top,a very nice city,and yes (HEAVEN FORBID!!!) into
hostile areas to fight,protect,and if necessary die for our country.
   Now on to the draft.if you dont agree with it.write your congressman.call
him if need be,organize a petition of his constituents that are against the
draft.as for drafting women? i say go for it.if you draft men,and equal
rights are what we are shooting for,why not draft women as well............
    Nowq on to the important stuff,politics of the real world really
shouldnt be on an SCA mailing list,as any religion from the real
world...........nuff said