[Namron] OT: Pending Draft Legislation Targeted for Spring 2005

muriel at entelesoft.com muriel at entelesoft.com
Thu Jun 3 18:23:00 PDT 2004

Uncontrollable urge to stir the pot, sorry...

Did anyone but me notice that Matt implied here that women shouldn't be
citizens?  I mean, no women in the military and mandatory military duty to
become a citizen... hmmm...

I suppose we could have women limited to non-combat roles, but less logical
people might  not come to that conclusion.

Ilogical laws sometimes get made because people fail to follow their
reasoning all the way to its conclusion.  If we try to think our own
opinions out to their ultimate conclusions and then vote, perhaps we can
help limit the passing of illogical laws.*

A draft with no gender boundaries is certainly an "equitable" idea, but the
idea of any draft at all is certainly not going to be a popular topic.  How
about an equally gender-equitable absence of draft?

*note:  the statements in this particular paragraph are purposefully vague
and do not represent a judgement of any kind about Matt's statement or the
proposed law.