[Namron] Med Fair!

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Sat Mar 27 12:17:34 PST 2004

An O'Rourke, Droen to be exact, wrote:
> Is everyone going to be meeting at the park or somewhere else
> beforehand to load stuff up for set up?  When exactly is set up
> currently slated to happen?  What time are you asking that people
> arrive on Friday/Saturday/Sunday mornings to help get everything
> ramped up for the day?  Are there any other tidbits that might prove
> useful to people coming out to the demo for the first time?

Yes, some will be meeting at our shed to pick things up.  Lady Kathryn
Gordon is the MedFaire coordinator, so she will know what time that is,
as she has to get a couple of pickups or a trailer there.

We meet for setup WEDNESDAY NIGHT around 6pm (ish), just like each
year.  This gives people a chance to get off work but still gives us
some light to use.

The Faire is listing their times as 10:00 to 6:30, EVERY DAY.  This is
different than before.  So we are asking the S.C.A. folk to show up
around 9 a.m. to put tents and ropes in order, set up displays, and grab
a cinnamon roll.

More generic information about the fair can be found on the Oklahoma
College for Continuing Education's web site at:
http://tel.occe.ou.edu/medievalfair/

Parking is, again, at the Lloyd Noble Center, about one block from the
park.  We have been given 16 permits to UNLOAD ONLY.  If you pull up to
the sawhorses by the SCA area, do NOT expect to be let through without a
permit.  This means you'll have to send someone into the SCA area to
grab one of the rotating 16 permits. Sorry.  We are going to try to
bribe the guard there with cinnamon rolls and coffee, but cannot
guarantee anything.

The coordinator is Lady Kathryn Gordon, email is kathryngordon AT
sbcglobal.net. If you want to put up a MedFaire poster at your office,
or have any other questions, please contact her.

Baron Ulf