[Namron] help with SCA class project

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 08:47:30 PST 2004

The three main aspects I think most people get
involved in the SCA are:  People of like-mind/common
interests (honor,chivalry,trust,fun, etc), exploring
various creative venues like arts, crafts, fighting,
performing arts,etc., and being allowed to be a person
that modern Society doesn't allow us to be.  Most
people seem to have a different "arua" when they put
on their garb and become their persona (happier, more
self-assured, etc.)

(afterall we are the "mis-fits" of "normal" society)

Just my opinion.
Lady Etienett

--- Fox <cerasionnach at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I really appreciate everyone's input on my question
> so far.  I know it's kind of a strange question when
> you really get to thinking about it because, for us,
> the SCA is just something we do.  The difficulty
> will be in describing it to mundanes that didn't ask
> to learn about it in the first place.  So far your
> suggestions have consisted of a lot of A&S stuff, so
> that will definately be one of my main topics.  I'm
> thinking of going with A&S, Fighting, and
> Politics... or should I narrow it down to three
> kinds of A&S?  That's where I get stuck.  The former
> are pretty broad and it's only a 7 minute speech...
> Any advice for me?
>
> >Fox< ~*

=====
No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/seanetcafe