[Namron] Fwd: Summer Breeze Concert Schedule

Heather / Lady Droen O'Rourke wolfieheather at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 07:44:41 PDT 2004

Please pardon the bandwidth, but I thought I would pass this on to anyone who might not be up on Norman activities.  The Summer Breeze series is always great, I've never heard a bad performance at one of their concerts.

In Service,

Droen O'Rourke

Hello fellow art/music lovers,

This year's Summer Breeze free concert series runs in Norman's Lion's Park Sundays at 7 p.m.

May 9 Jan Henning (acoustic guitar mastery)
May 23 Pinkie and the Snakeshakers (raw, upbeat, contemporary blues)
June 6 Brightmusic (classical chamber music)
June 20 The Ills (saxophone, guitar, keyboard, and drums quartet)
July 11 Scott Keeton Band (modern blues)
July 25 Callen Clark (Middle-Eastern)
Aug 8 Calliope House (Celtic)
Aug 22 Brave Combo (eclectic dance music--a Norman favorite from Denton)
Sept 12 Brian Auger's Oblivion Express (B-3 organist extraordinaire)
Sept 26 Byron Berline Band (world-renowned fiddle player: bluegrass, western swing)

Also, Artrain USA is coming to Norman on May 22-23. Artrain USA is a free traveling art museum and will be located along the railroad tracks south and east of the Depot on Main Street. There will be lots of  other activities in the downtown area at this time: gallery walks, food, Native American art and dancing. Norman will be the first Oklahoma stop on this nationwide tour. Sponsored by the Oklahoma and Norman Arts Councils.  http://www.artrainusa.org/