[Namron] Wiley Post Festival and open invitation to my home town!

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 07:04:13 PDT 2004

Greetings All from the village of Mays (O.K.  Mundanely Mays-ville, but I'm trying to come up with something more interesting to call it)

I have really missed you guys since not making the last populous meeting, but many mundane matters messed up my schedule.  My apologies.

However, one of those mundane matters is near and dear to my heart...The Wiley Post Festival.  Unfortunately it is not, as of this writing, an SCA related event.  But that will not keep me from inviting you to it.  This event is my baby and is the biggest fund raiser we have for our Public Library. (Of which I am librarian of...)

The festival kicks off in Maysville with a carnival and tonight (Thursday May 27) is armband night.  $10.00 per person gives you unlimited rides.  There are rides for all ages and an old fashioned midway as well!

Tomorrow night is a free street dance/concert with a live band "RUDE MOOD".  I've seen their play list and they play everything from Cross Canadian Ragweed to Jimi Hendrix.  If you like Classic Rock, Country and Blues bring your lawn chair and come enjoy the music.  There will be concession trailers as well (PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS!!! YUMMM).

Saturday morning starts with the Wiley Post Ride to Read.  A 30, 40, and 52 mile Bicycle ride in the country (riders get a free T-Shirt).  We then have a craft fair with all sorts of stuff going on.  The high lights are the Cheerleader's Home Made Ice Cream Booth (Heather will be on hand for ice cream and general flirting...she's ditched the cranky boyfriend...huzzah!).  I'll be doing face painting, and we'll have exotic animals on display as well as games of chance and skill!!!  Also...Live music all day starting with the High School Show band (again, Heather will be a featured singer with the show band).

At 7:00 p.m. that evening we'll have a Special Magic Show presented by the folks from GW Exotic Wildlife complete with lions and tigers and no telling what else (kind of the redneck Sigfried and Roy) :o).  These folks put on a great show and have been endorsed by Bob Barker, Martin Sheen, Martina McBride and many others.  Admission to the event is FREE!!!  Donations to the Wildlife Conservation group are welcomed.  It's out side and down town so bring your lawn chairs.

This entire event helps keep my library going, which helps keep me employed, which will help buy me more fabric and maybe some weaponry my husband has his eyes on.  So, please come and enjoy if you've nothing else scheduled.  Besides, Heather and I have missed you all.

Samarrah (Sami)

FRIENDSHIP PRAYER:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who
screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch... AMEN

Samarrah bint Annaan [-o<