[Namron] skaargard demo in september

Amanda Townsley westerdayaddams at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 08:39:39 PDT 2004

Greetings, sorry for the multiple posts, I just wanted to let everyone know (whether they want to or not) that I will be at tomorrow's Skaargard Populace meeting taking sign-ups for the demo- Woodland Forest Festival, September 18th, 10-7, set-up the night before.  I need to have an estimate of SCA participation for this event, because now it is an official city event.  Being as such, if no one from the SCA shows up, it will be merchants and other renn-faire groups recruited externally.  I would like to keep this as a mostly SCA-dominated event, but I understand that it may be too much/ at the wrong time, etc. for people to show up and help.  Nevertheless, there will be one SCA booth at this demo.
If you have pavillions,decorations, craft or anything you would like to let others see and just can't make it to Shawnee, let me know! i will have the means to pick it up from wherever :) If you can perform/fight and need a ride, let me know and i will do my best to find you one.  As of right now you may contact me or Kaitlynn if you are interestd in waterbearing, fighting, etc. and if you are interested in Merchanting for this event...
(drumroll please).... THERE IS NO MERCHANT FEE THIS YEAR!  the City of Shawnee has said if you have a tax permit you may come out with your wares, just contact me so i can reserve you a booth space. you will not be allowed to merchant without contacting me first!  I will also be having a banner-making night at our home in shawnee next month and will keep everyone posted.  If you and your household would like to come out and set up, come on out! the more period-style tents the better.  If you can fight or can tell mundanes about SCA-style fighting, come out and help us talk to people!
The date is September 18th, yes I know this is the Saturday of Moonschadowe Guardian, however many demos have done fine when scheduled across from an event date.  Also, next year we can pick our own date.  So if youre not going to Moonschadowe, please consider coming out to Shawnee.
We have the park the Friday night before to set-up, and you can either stay with your stuff or we will have appointed security for the area and also Shawnee police officers will be able to patrol the area as well.  There are fully working bathrooms in the park's poolhouse. If you cannot make it to the Pop meeting tomorrow night and want to sign up to help, please email me at westerdayaddams at yahoo.com or leave me a voice mail at 405-388-5733
Also, thank you to Ld. Gaelen and Ldy. Ravon, and Kaitlynn who have helped out so much already!

In service,
Salerna Bowman
mka Amanda Townsley
Skaargard

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow,
   Learn as if you are going to live forever."
                                                     -Ghandi