[Namron] The Baronesses Toy Tournament (Reminder)

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Sat Nov 27 23:27:16 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 16:23, Isobel de Kirkbryde wrote:
> Just an FYI -- I kept wondering if the Toy Tourney was
> going to occur.

Yes, indeed it did.  And it was much fun.  Don Elric, our Rapier
Champion, won the rapier list and a bottle of Barat's Blackberry Mead.
Baron Uriah won the Thrown Weapons, Ulrich of Northkeep won the Archery,
and Chris Hamilton came up from Eldern to win the chivalric fighting.

Pretty much everyone was winners, though, as the focus of this was not
on "who won?" but on bringing the toys and spending a relaxed afternoon
with friends.  Altogether we collected nearly 160 toys to be donated,
each group bringing theirs home to donate locally.  This year, the
Barony of Eldern Hills had the honor of having the most toys.

Oh, and the heavy list was a crest melee.  Naturally, the crests were
stuffed animals.  The winner had to knock off the crests *without*
killing the opponent.  Black Barret of Skarrgard had to yield his round,
after losing a leg, his shield arm, and finally his sword arm.  The
funny thing was that the unicorn taped to his helmet had two arms and a
leg knocked loose as well, the final leg being held on by a single strip
of duct tape.

Also, Katla of Wildwood finally got the Sable Thistle that was announced
in Court at Protectorate.

Baron Ulf