[Namron] Hospitaler

Lea l_j_frizzell at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 14:40:50 PDT 2004

Having a hospitaler is great, but she is a busy person and as I can see, is often trying to organize several things at once.  The newbie doesn't know half the time what questions to ask.  Putting on garb does not a member of the SCA make.  I don't take a pad and pencil around to make a note of all the questions that I have when I have them.  Seriously, folks.  The most I learned in one day was the weekend I had a friend who was a long time member of the SCA squire me around and answer all the questions, stupid or not, that popped into my head at the time each situation arrived.  Each new member should be so blessed as to have such a patient individual around to do just that.  How hard would it be to organize a group to do that?  Heck, I didn't even know that addressing someone as "sir" could be a bad thing until I received an elbow in the side and a hissed "he's not a Knight, don't call him that!"  Wouldn't my mother be surprised to hear that!  lol

Enara