[Namron] Response to TRIVIA and much more

Friend, Kimberlee Kimberlee.Friend at healthsouth.com
Fri Oct 22 10:10:53 PDT 2004

I was wondering when someone would bring up the Blacke Orchid.

Sheesh, Namron has had Pirates/Privateers for ages!  The first appearance of the Blacke Orchid was at an actual PIRATE Event the Barony of NAMRON held out at Lake Thunderbird.  It was a blast!  We should do it again. Sounds like Namron needs to do *something* just for fun.

It was probably a year or so later when several of us got together and decided to play more with the Pirate theme. It wasn't easy we were in some very rough waters but we made it.  We made it happen, the Dream, we got involved as a crew and with the Barony and groups of the North.  We petitioned *and* convinced the Crown to present us with a Letter of Mark, and 'for as long as there is sand on the beach', it's ours.  We did taverns, the gaming in the tavern, fighter practices, weird rapier themes, cannons and pistols.  We had fun and tried very hard to make sure everyone around us was having fun too. Before we were done, there were at least a half a dozen other Pirate/Privateer groups throughout the Kingdom!!   It was truly Living and Playing in the Dream.

Add to what our favorite Cabin Boy, Gabrielle said, the crew of the Blacke Orchid (currently in dry dock),  has several Peers, Baronesses, and a SLEW of White Scarves, but not at the time we began, all the shiny stuff came much later for most of the crew.  It's all in how you play and how well you play nice (whether you want to or not) with others.

Now, I know I'm not around in Namron and that's a sad thing for me, Narmon raised me and helped make me the person I am today (which is in a way kinda scary), most of you reading this won't even know who I am, or care. And that's ok, that is something that can be easily remedied.  But to be honest, just watching the list (for a bout a week or two) and listening to the rumors that fly through this group(for about 10 to 15 years or so)....  (insert a dirty word or two)  I'm not sure I want to.  The group needs help that's apparent.  It would be nice for Namron to be the talk of the Kingdom in a GOOD way for once. I'm not saying Namron is all bad, I know it's not and I do not, for gods sake, want to piss anyone off.  I hear good things the group does, just not as much as all the in fighting and general bullsh!t we hear about.

Hopefully the officers of the Barony and the Baron and Baroness (Mom and Dad) can see the trouble and try to turn the group around, if they are not already trying to do just that.  I don't know, I'm not there, but that can and will, god help me, change.  I'll let you all know up front though, I'm not putting up with any sh!t.  I will tell you straight up what I think, whether it is politically correct or not, no matter *who* you are, what's around your neck or on your head.

As for Lord Pooky's post, I whole heatedly agree!
::snip::
I would trade away 7 arguing, devicive, forgetful, etc. STORMS. For any 3 new folks with ~THE DREAM~ fresh in thier eyes and in thier hearts.
 I applaud his Great Pookiness and would say to the Storms (myself included) to prove to the Barony and Populace that we all still deserve to wear them and help the Barony out!

Very Truly Yours,

Ladye Deirdre ni'Raghailligh
Apprentice to Master Daniel BlackAxe
Member of House WolfStar