[Namron] Barat's Home

Barat barat at cox.net
Sat Oct 30 15:52:09 PDT 2004

Well, after 10 days in the hospital I am finally home.

The doctors never did definitively figure out what bacteria was
responsible. They took over a dozen cultures but could never get
anything to grow. Based on the damage to my left leg (from the knee
down) they think it was most likely a staphylococcus aureus (staph)
infection. Luckily the antibiotics did their job and I will get out of
this with two working legs and only some nasty scars as a souvenir.

There was only one complication during my treatment: Last Thursday I
was within 15 minute of leaving the hospital when I developed a
moderately severe allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics they had
been giving me for seven days (Vancomycin). I am currently covered from
head to toes in a nice red rash and have a fever that comes and goes.
This could continue for up to several weeks. Joy.

I am glad this happened before I left the hospital as they were sending
me home with a I.V. pump and 16 bags of Vancomycin for 8 days of home
treatment. As things stand now they switched me to another antibiotic
that's available in pill form and have added steroids to help with the
rash.

I am planning on spending the rest of this weekend sleeping as I am
very weak. If you NEED to call (seneschal business that can't wait),
please do so. If you just want to call to say hi, please wait until
later next week.

See you at populace meeting (if all goes well).

P.S.: I have 1,400 e-mails to sort through.

H.L. Barat FitzWalter Reynolds
Seneschal - Barony of Namron
Kingdom of Ansteorra
M.K.A. Stephen Pursley