[Namron] Helping Newbs WAS The Black Death

Chass Brown chass at allegiance.tv
Thu Oct 21 14:52:31 PDT 2004

Hmm I know a certain x-N.R. Hospitaler who would argue with that. She told
us repeatedly that if we saw someone new or who acted like they didn't know
much/anything jump in introduce ourselves personally and take them under our
wing. I did so... not like Hospitaler has much to do lol other than monthly
paperwork and organize demos off and on. That leaves alot of time to welcome
new peeps let alone if they have a deputy. I love inspiring the dream in
others. That's why I talk the sca to all my friends and those who I come
across. I have sent 4 people to N.K. as newbies in the last 3 months and 2
to Namron, as well as added 4 more to our household here. I even went out of
my way to help those wishing to pay to play get the paperwork to send in and
helped the fill it out. That's how I know exactly how many sustaining
members are in my local area (give or take 3 people). And as Hospitaler I
held sewing classes once a week (except on event weeks) and helped them make
their first garb/tunics and dresses and such (which I made sure was always
announced at populace meetings). We all can help out if you see someone who
looks new and you dont know them... introduce yourselves.

Chass of Rundel of Ansteorra aka of the SCA aka
Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable Chariot
Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark (Have you seen my Belaying
Pin??)
Maison Du Corsaire Rouge
Muddeler of Mead, Ailment of Ale, Whiner of wine.