[Namron] Inkle Looming

Epperson, Sheryl epperss at oge.com
Fri Oct 22 11:08:30 PDT 2004

Greetings,
This is a subject I do know a little about.

For those who do not know, and inkle loom is a small, usually portable,
loom used for weaving trim and belts.  The cards Chass refers to are
also used for weaving trim or belts.  They are frequently combined,
using the inkle loom to transport the cards.

For anyone wishing to learn either of these arts, we are trying to get a
list of those interested so we can set up classes here in Namron.  If
you cannot make the classes, once they are set up, please contact the
Arts and Sciences officer or the teacher and I am sure they can arrange
to get with you for a class at an event.  (Since I am planning on
teaching beginning inkle weaving, I'm fairly sure on that one(Grin).)  I
frequently have a loom with me at events, and if I teach, I may actually
get some of it woven, also.

If you do a web-search on "card weaving" or "tablet weaving", you can
find many links.  I will try to remember to post some later.  If I
forget, please remind me.

Annabelle Fitzsimmons