[Namron] inkle looming

Epperson, Sheryl epperss at oge.com
Fri Oct 22 13:50:00 PDT 2004

Well,
I had some time, so I got some links for inkle and card weaving
gathered.  There are a lot more than this available, especially on card
weaving, but have fun with these for a start:

 Inkle and  tablet (card) weaving links:

www.stringpage.com <http://www.stringpage.com/>

has many very good tablet weaving articles, as well as many other
things.  Several introductory articles.

www.inkleweaving.com <http://www.inkleweaving.com/>

this is a website totally about inkleweaving.  She includes many pages
of instructions, and some history.

www.weavershand.com <http://www.weavershand.com/>

has links to articles, picture galleries, and other items on tablet
weaving, kumihimo,  inkle weaving, and ply-split braiding.

http://www.guntram.co.za/tabletweaving/

home of a gentleman in South Africa who has created a program to design
tablet weaving.  He graciously allows anyone to download and use the
program.  He even has some of the patterns he has created on the site.

http://home.t-online.de/home/kfm.laitenberger/ehomepag.htm#tablet

this is a link to Kurt Laitenberger's website.  Gorgeous work,  some of
it still only in German, but worth it for the pictures of what can be
done.

http://www.steinmaus.de/Mittelalter/weben/muster/index.html

another site in German, but again, the pictures are worth it and once
you get comfortable with weaving, you can start to figure some of it
out.

And there is a Yahoo group for card weaving:  SCA-Card-Weaving
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Card-Weaving?yguid=40670307>  .  The
activity on this list varies, but the group members are very willing to
share any information they have.

Annabelle Fitzsimmons