[Namron] free to a good home

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Sat Oct 16 17:44:54 PDT 2004

<=======willing to help Beaux fit for a new dress.  *leer*
  -----Original Message-----
  From: namron-bounces+matthiasthebrewer=cox.net at ansteorra.org
[mailto:namron-bounces+matthiasthebrewer=cox.net at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of
liz wilkerson
  Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 7:27 PM
  To: Barony of Namron
  Subject: [Namron] free to a good home

          Ok Deenie - you've been after me for years to give you some of my
garb - here's your chance.

  Free to a  good home:
  One handsewn olive green linen bliaut, circa 1200 France. Sidelaced, 4
gore skirt with a small train.The semicircular sleeves hang 45 inches from
the elbow and will trail unless knotted or shortened on anyone less than 6
feet tall.  Hand embroidered guards on the arm and a cotton voile hand
embroidered undertunic to go with it.  ( Yes Deenie -the infamous Clear
Dress).
          I lent this outfit to ...a friend last year, and in the course of
wearing it once, she tore out  the lacing holes ( all 48 of them) and ripped
out the lower arm seams on the undergown.  I've messed with the lacing holes
to no avail. It's going to be too small for me in the end. I can't repair it
in a "period" manner and have it still fit me.  It does need repair and
likely altering to fit a new wearer. I'd be glad to help fit it to a new
wearer.  The approx. measurments were about 52-40- 54, but now the waist is
about 4 inches smaller. Unless you have a truly amazing figure, the top will
need to be taken in to fit the waist.
               I do have 2 conditions regarding letting this dress go:  It's
the first gown I made using handwork and I spent hundreds of hours making
it. My first "baby".  I ask that it be worn in a manner that honors the work
that went into it and the ideal "lady" it represents from so long ago. The
second is that when the new person either no longer fits it or no longer
likes it, that it be either handed on to another, or given back to me to cut
into something else. Dont just throw it away or let it sit in a closet to
dry rot.
  Anyone interested?

  A sniffly heavy hearted Beaux