[Namron] RE: NAMRON Blow Calling

CelticNorthStar at aol.com CelticNorthStar at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 10:37:21 PDT 2004

To all Heavy Fighters,

I am not one who usually gets in on these list discussions,but this one
warrents my input as well.

I have been a heavy fighter for a few years now but quit and took a break for
awhile because I thought and felt it was getting a little to dangerous. At
least for me. Having been fighting in used, passed on armor which was not
designed to fit me properly ( though still quite functional for practice) I decided
to make my own new armour. this has been a year long process. Anyway back to
the hitting to hard. I do not think it funny nor appropriate for us fighters to
set out to damage each other as some seem to do. I have a brand new helm. Was
worn once at a practice. First shot thar was placed on the helm, dented the
top of it. This is not right. Cause: hitting to hard. Solution: ease up.
Marshal: Should have the authority and honor should he think a shot is too hard to
say something. In my case the marshal just laughed and said since the dent was
not big enough then I was not hit hard enough. This is very unchivalrous. I am
a former squire since my knight has since retired and released all his
squires, But there is one thing I learned and to this day still carry with me. He
told me if he ever saw me call a shot light that he felt was good or a killshot,
He would take me on the feild and show me what pain really felt like. The
point of his story was, Do the Honorable Service and call it good even if it was
questionable. These are words I live by still today.
Maybe the only way to change this is if you are getting hit too hard whether
it be in practice or in tourney, turn to the marshal, tell him/her that your
opponet is hitting to hard, yield the field, go to the lyst mistress and
withdraw from the tourney. Then address the issue with the sitting Noble. Maybe if
enough fighters do this
some changes shall come about or we shall have the same Champions over and
over. Then it would be like the Art/Sci Competitions.
Respectfully Submitted,
Gaelan